Last Updated: July 01, 2015
1. Information we collect about you Marrily helps you to connect with other Marrily users who are looking to find matrimony matches. This necessitates that we collect information that can identify you (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service.
Information you provide. In order to register as a user with Marrily, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook account. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, hometown, photos, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include information such as your religion, caste, mother tongue, profession, income, partner preference regarding diet, relocation, lifestyle, etc., and, your guardian’s name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, credit card, debit card, online payment account or bank account details. You may also provide us a “Selfie”, picture of self, for verifying photos obtained from your Facebook profile and preferences for match recommendations, such as age range, religion, caste, profession, income range, mother tongue, etc. If you like or pass any profile, you provide us your responses. If you chat with other Marrily users, you provide us the content of your chats. If you shortlist any Marrily user, and if your guardians post status updates on shortlisted profiles, you provide us the updates. And if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication. Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
Information collected automatically: We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you consume our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type, the operating system used by your device, access times, and the referring website address.
Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages or screens you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Marrily advertisements on other sites or applications.
Other Technologies: We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service and to deliver or communicate with cookies. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer users, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes: We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We will provide only anonymized personal information to third parties.
2. How we use the information we collect: We may use information that we collect about you to:
deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
perform functions or services as described to you;
manage your account and provide you with customer support;
perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
website or mobile application analytics; and
3. With whom we share your information: Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of Marrily, your Marrily profile will be viewable by other users, from opposite gender, of the Service. Other users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your Facebook photos, any additional photos you upload, your name, your age, your education and work details, your religion, your caste, your current city, your hometown, your partner preference and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends. If you “like” a person’s profile, you will be able to chat with that person only if they “like” you, i.e., when you have a “match.” If you chat with your match, your match will see the content of your chat. You are allowed to chat for only a limited period of time with each match. Before expiry of chat period, if you “shortlist” your match, your match will find out only when they have “shortlisted” your profile. Profile details are shared with respective guardians when both matches “shortlist” each other.
Service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Situations: We may disclose your information, including personal information:
In response to an investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
4. How you can access or update your information: If you have a Marrily account, you can view and update your personal information within the Service. You can also update your Facebook profile information. In order for Marrily to update the profile information you have to log out and log back in to Marrily.
5. Your choices about collection and use of your information: You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, ask a question, or initiate other transactions. Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by visiting our Service.
You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings.
6. How we protect your personal information: We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. We also encourage you to refrain from sharing confidential information with other Marrily users. These could be such as your email, your phone number, details of your credit card, debit card, online payment accounts, or bank accounts, passwords, etc. We cannot control what other users may do with the information you voluntarily share, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
7. Under-age privacy: We restrict the use of our Service to females age 18 and above and males age 21 and above. We do not knowingly register, collect, maintain, or use personal information of users not meeting these age restriction.