1. You’ll never be in a bad mood for long. Funny guys are great for turning that frown upside down.
Whether it’s a crap day at work or not getting into your top choice grad school (or, er, any grad schools) (Hand raised!), you won’t feel like a cold pile of garbage for long when there’s a hilarious boy to take your mind off your troubles. (Plus, he knows you’ll get ’em next time!) (Hand raised!)
2. You’re (part of) the life of the party. When you’re one half of a funny couple, you’re basically the celebrities of your friend group.
Parties don’t start until you get there (fashionably late, of course) and the second you leave, everyone else just disintegrates into a pile of dust.
3. He gets along with everyone. You know your best friend’s snoozefest of a husband who drones on about his two obsessions — tequila and the WWE! Help! — and it makes you want to blow your brains out from boredom?
Let your funny dude take the bullet on this one. Hell, he’ll probably actually like the weirdo hubby. This guy sees the best in everyone.
4. He’s confident. Funny guys aren’t afraid to take any situation by the horn and completely own it.
There’s nothing not sexy about that.
5. He isn’t drama-rific. Even better, he helps diffuse tense situations with his easy wit and charm.
So even if your uncle gets drunk and tries to hit on your neighbor’s exchange student, he can tap dance the family back into good times and simultaneously kick your uncle out in a sly way that leaves everyone forgetting he even existed. Your man is that good!
6. He’s fun in bed!
If he can laugh at himself, he can laugh when things get hilariously weird in the bedroom — and let’s be real, things almost always get hilariously weird in the bedroom. (That’s what makes it awesome!)
7. He’d make a great dad.
OK, OK, let’s not get ahead of ourselves buuuuuut when he’s twirling your baby cousin around and she’s giggling like crazy, you might want to have all his babies immediately.
8. Boring work parties are suddenly fun. You no longer dread your company’s holiday party because you know your dude is by your side and won’t let anything boring happen to you.
Plus, when he gets talking to your accountant about the differences between IRAs (More like YAWNras, am I right?) (Sorry.), you can always sneak off and eat all the cheese. Mmm. Cheese.
9. He’s probably also kind, sweet, and empathetic. Lots of funny guys are the way they are because they had to develop a sense of humor to survive sometimes shitty situations, whether it’s because they were chubby kids (the best) or had a tough home life growing up, so they’re often more in tune to other people’s emotions than most.
Because he’s so good at reading the room, he’ll know when to make you laugh and he’ll know when you just need a hug, Netflix, and all the ice cream. (And he knows when you say “all the ice cream” that you mean literally all of it.)
Want to meet guys who are fun as well as funny? Head over to the Marrily app to meet some really awesome people…